Monday, November 22, 2010

Works In Progress

I realize I haven't updated in a while but I haven't really had any completed work to post. It's final assignment time and I currently have 3 different works on the go all in different levels of completion. Here are some photos of where they currently stand. I'll update with better documentation and artist statements when they're finished.Creative component for Reading Popular Culture, person made out of meat-media collage on mirror. The frame is currently being painted black and the face still needs to be finished and then attached to the mirror. Due friday with a 5 page written component.

Next up is for Painting Studio. Series of 7 slightly demented porcelain dolls. Done on wood and will eventually be painted most likely using acrylics.
And finally the piece I'm most invested in is for Representation of Memory and Desire. The work I'm doing is based around the misrepresentation of people with eating disorders.My goal with this piece is to bring to light how society views people with eating disorders as nothing more than the disease but that instead they are people first, they have a past, a family, goals, and spirits that live beyond the disease.

No comments: